PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY
Member - Anti - Ragging Squad, In-Charge -- Department.
Awards & Honours
A) Awardee - Sushruta Award for Excellence in Public Health Dentistry.
B) Reviewer - National and International Journals.
1. BMC Oral health - Biomed Central
2. Saudi Dental journal - Elsevier Publication.
3. International Quarterly of Community Health - SAGE Journal
4. National Journal of Integrated Research.
5. Journal of Clinical Research and Diagnostic Research .
6. International Journal of Tropical Disease and Health.
7. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International.
Life member - Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry
1. Conduction of Oral Health Education & Awareness Programme in schools, rural & urban sectors.
2. Oral health screening camp.
3. Oral health treatment camp.
4. Field visits to Water Treatment Plant, sewage plant, biomedical waste plant, slums, Primary Health Centers.
5. Conduction of Rallies, nukkad natak for awareness of Oral health.
6. Collection of data for research activities and surveys.
7. School Dental Health Programmes.
8. Working in rural satellite centers of institution.
1. Kumar G,Kunungo S,and Panigrahi K . ''Antimicrobial effect of streblus assper leaf Extract: A Randomized controlled clinical trial.''Journal of Pharmacology & clinical research.8(2020.:555740.
2. Singh DK & Kumar G.'' Comparison of the subgingival temperature of smokers and nonsmokers in healthy and diseased sites of gingiva in association with sublingual body temperature.'' J Family Med Prim Care. 8(10) (2019) :3166-3172.
3. Janeswar A, Kumar G, Kanungo S, Singh A, Subramanya GB, Jha K. Prevalence patterns and profile of adolescent tobacco users findings from a youth survey: A cross-sectional study. J Family Med Prim Care.8(6)( 2019),2017-2022.
4. Kumar G, Dileep CL, Sethi AK,& Gupta B. The Birhor tribes of Ramgarh District, Jharkhand - a ferret into their oral health status and treatment needs. Med Pharm Rep. 92(2)(2019),178-184.
5. Kumar G, Sethi AK, Tripathi RM, Pratik, Barman D. Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of Dental and Medical Interns toward Toothbrush Maintenance and Replacement in Bhubaneswar City, Odisha, India. J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 10(2)(2018),77-82.
6. Sethi AK, Samal R, Lahiri B, Das A, Kumar G & Behera S. Awareness, Attitude and Practice Regarding Disinfection and Handling of Extracted Teeth among the Students in a Dental College in India. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent. 8(6)(2018),488-494.
7. Suresan V, Das D, Jnaneswar A, Jha K, Kumar G, Subramaniam GB. Assessment of dental caries, oral hygiene status, traumatic dental injuries and provision of basic oral health care among visually impaired children of Eastern Odisha. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. ;35(4)(2017),284-290.
8 .Bagchi A, Lahiri B, Jalaluddin M, Kumar G, Das S & Dhull KS. Quantification and Measurement of Changes in Anxiety Level in Preschool Children and Their Mothers through Multiple-visit Dental Treatment. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent.7(3) (2017),125-130.
9. Kumar G, Tripathi RM, Dileep CL, Trehan M, Malhotra S, Singh P. Assessment of oral health status and treatment needs of Santhal tribes of Dhanbad District, Jharkhand. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent. 6(4) (2016),338-343.
10. Kumar G, Dileep CL, Ahuja R. Oral health of preschool children in Dhanbad District, Jharkhand: A gander into the maternal behavior and practices. J Family Med Prim Care .5(4) ( 2016),829-833.
1. Kumar G & Dileep CL. Role of Herbs in Dentistry, Lambert Academic Publishing.
2. Kumar G. Text Book of Public Health Dentistry. Scholar’s Press.
3. Kumar G. Indices in Dental Epidemiology. Lambert Academic Publishing.
4. Kumar G. Etiology and Epidemiology of Dental Caries. Lambert Academic Publishing.
5. Kanungo S, Janeswar A, Kumar G. Oral Health Need Assessment. Lambert Academic Publishing.