Infrastructure & Facilities
Spread at an area of 5483 sq.ft and located on the first floor of the main college building, the Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry consists of an Undergraduate section and a Postgraduate section with separate clinical areas, a spacious Reception area, separate Pre-clinical lab areas for UGs and PGs area, Professor, Reader and Lecturer rooms, a Seminar room with fixed LCD projector and screen, PG Common Room with locker facilities, sterilization room, store and a recreation (Play) area for children. The department is well equipped with 27 dental chairs and audio visual aids for children and parent education.
The Undergraduate (BDS) program in the department of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry started in the year 2009. The academic curriculum is covered in the third and final year through lectures, Pre-clinical works and clinical posting.
At the end of the BDS course the graduate is expected to –
- Install a positive attitude and behaviour in children towards oral health
- Guide and counsel the parents / guardians with regard to different aspects of preventive dentistry Guide and counsel the parents / guardians with respect to various treatment modalities
- Treat dental diseases occurring in the child patient
The Postgraduate (MDS) program started in the year 2014 with 2 seats. The academic curriculum includes a dissertation, Library dissertation, departmental and interdepartmental seminars and journal club.
At the end of the MDS course the postgraduate is expected to –
- Create not only a good oral health in the child but also a good citizen tomorrow.
- Instill a positive attitude and behavior in children
- Understand the principles of prevention and preventive dentistry right from birth to adolescence
- Guide and counsel the parents in regards to various treatment modalities including different facets of preventive dentistry
- Prevent and intercept developing malocclusion
- Be Competent to treat dental diseases which are occurring in child patient